Saturday, May 14

MusicNow Festival 2011

As you know, instead of going to the Cincinnati Fashion Fund dinner last night, I made a trip down to Memorial Hall (a smaller, but gorgeous venue next door to Music Hall down town) for Cincinnati's annual MusicNow Festival.

My photographer Heidi, and I checked in at the Press Table and immediately noticed how gorgeous the building was.


We got some delicious food, and listened to those guys' wonderful music.


Which means I was as close to being in a state of Euphoria without being in the same room as Cher, Celine Dion, and the cast of Glee as humanly possible.



This wasn't a Cincinnati Fashion Week Event, I swear. Cincinnatians are just really stylish.. 
And better than you.

Look at that! The cutest couple in Cincinnati. 

Heidi met another photographer to commiserate with for the rest of the night. 
His name is Landon. Read his blog. Heidi already has, hehe.

I was literally drooling over her jumpsuit. So fierce. She got it in a thrift shop and made it into a halter all by herself!

 Like, stop it. I almost fell over when I saw these.

A quote said when referring to this lovely lady last night, perfectly applicable to my caption:
"She's my favorite lady who loves ladies!"

Actually obsessed with that t-shirt dress.

The fantastic leggings and those shoes are putting me over the edge.

How photogenic are they?! The sweetest people to talk to. If I don't see Christine, Jordan, Gina, Emma, Ruthie, and Johan in the near future I might just have to leave the city out of depression. 

The Performances:


First on the docket was an instrumental band called yMusic. Their music overlaps in Classical and Pop realms, and the combination is flawless. The New York Times called yMusic a "versatile sextet of resourceful players." 




Their set captivated the crowd, and their electricity was only intensified with the addition of Shara Worden.

It was extremely humid last night, and my hair completely deflated by the end of the first act. Sad.
But that did not detract from the fact that I got to meet and watch Shara perform. She has the most intrinsic stage presence I think I have ever seen in concert. Shara has practiced just about every aspect of the music industry. 



The dancer for their performance was Jessica Dessner, superb. I don't know how else to describe her.




The second act of the evening featured two groups as well. Fight the Big Bull, and Megafaun & Friends. Their set was called "Sounds of the South" and every song made you want to move. Their combination of vocals, strings, and brass was infectious to say the least. When the two groups came together it was like a wall of energy descended upon the audience.




Then, sadly, the concert came to a close.


And everyone made their way back down to the bar to talk about how excited they were to come back for the rest of the shows this weekend!

Now, don't you want to join in on the fun?!


Click right here, where the words change colors if you roll your mouse over them. Then you can get tickets of your very own. Or just get them at the door.

K. I've gotta go get ready for the Fashion Week Finale tonight, so I'll catch you queens later!

Zach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More